Talking points for WCV endorsed candidates.
5th District – Senator Mark Mullet
As a small business owner, Senator Mark Mullet has worked tirelessly over the last four years to fight for what matters to the families in East King County.
Senator Mullet works for transportation improvements in our communities.
- He fought for transit and road traffic improvements in the 5th LD, including voting for a new transportation package that will provide more bus routes, bike lanes, and safer routes for our kids for communities throughout King County.
He continues to revitalize our parks and natural areas.
- He secured funding to revitalize East King County’s park system, making them more accessible and safer for our kids. Includes Lake Sammamish State Park, Snoqualmie Falls, and new play fields in several different communities.
As a small business owner, Senator Mullet knows that a healthy environment for our families and a strong economy go hand in hand.
- He’s received 100% environmental score from Washington Conservation Voters and stood up to protect Washington’s landmark clean energy law, defending water rights throughout the state, and helping spur our transition away from coal electricity.
17th District – Tim Probst
Tim Probst has been a steadfast champion for Vancouver and is a life long Clark County resident who understands our unique values.
He has stood up for Clark County against Big Oil.
- Tim Probst has voiced his opposition against plans to build the nation’s largest oil-by-rail terminal.
He’s proven he’ll fight for a modern clean energy future.
- He has committed to “be pro-economy and pro-climate” as one of his top Independent Reforms. He knows we don’t have to choose between economic power and clean air. In Olympia He will work to help build a modern 21st century clean energy economy.
Tim understands the pressing threat climate change poses to our community and economy.
28th District – Marisa Peloquin
Marisa Peloquin is a military veteran who grew up locally in Pierce County and understands the importance of climate action and building a modern clean energy economy.
As a military veteran, Marisa understands that climate action is vital to our national security, economy, and is already effecting us right here at home.
As a longtime resident of Pierce County and engaged community member, Marisa understands that social justice is a vitally important aspect of a healthy environment and strong community
- She will work to ensure we are supporting the most vulnerable members of our community to build a stronger state and healthy environment that works for us all
Pierce County needs a transportation system that works and Marisa Peloquin will fight to make it a top priority in Olympia.
- She will focus on a cleaner, safer transportation system that invests in transit options for local communities