Governor Inslee has spent a career dedicated to driving environmental action and transitioning Washington state to a clean energy economy. He has lived his values and backs his words with real action.
The Governor has taken climate challenges and turned them into economic development opportunities for Washington State. He has shown leadership in face of divisive opposition to spur environmental innovation and push the state on our path to a clean energy economy.
Governor Inslee works to protect Washington
- Secured $176 million in historic state investment in clean energy and energy efficiency. The most in the state history, to support Washington’s rapidly growing clean energy economy and develop innovative solutions to reduce pollution.
- Developed innovative runoff protections for Puget Sound. The program provided grants to 108 projects in 2015 to help communities reduce toxic pollution from existing infrastructure like roads and parking lots. Projects a
re ranked based on their ability to reduce water pollution and cost-effectiveness.
- Implemented the Clean Air Rule through executive action as a major step towards fully addressing climate pollution in Washington state. With this proposal, the Governor used the tools at his disposal to keep Washington on the path to fully addressing pollution.
- Negotiated greenest transportation package ever. Governor Inslee negotiated a full funding package and brought both sides together for a badly needed compromise to fix and repair the state’s transportation systems. He also negotiated the largest investment in public transit and alternative transportation infrastructure in the state’s history.
- Improved safeguards against oil and coal. Governor Inslee has pushed for the toughest review possible for coal export projects, repeatedly met and lobbied the Federal Railroad Safety Administration to make Washington’s case for safety, and called for a moratorium on oil trains throughout the state until safety standards are improved.
To read the full memo on our biggest statewide races click here.