Seattle, WA – On Monday, June 29th, candidates for the Port of Seattle Commissioner Position 5 will speak at a non-partisan candidate forum moderated by KIRO TV’s Graham Johnson.
Candidates will speak about how they will address pressing environmental and economic issues facing the Port including:
- Their vision for a working waterfront in the face of climate change impacts
- Plans to ensure the Port of Seattle remains competitive with other west coast ports
- Transparent government process
- Duwamish river and superfund cleanup
- Competitive, living wage jobs
- Air pollution and traffic congestion
What: Nonpartisan Port of Seattle Commissioner Position #5 candidate forum
When: 7:00pm – 8:30pm (doors open at 6:00) on June 29, 2015 (cameras please try and arrive before doors open to set up)
Where: Town Hall Seattle, Great Hall (upstairs), 1119 8th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
Who: Moderator Graham Johnson of KIRO TV and candidates: Ken Rogers, Marion Yoshino, Fred Felleman, Mark Hennon, Daniel Reandeau, Norman Sigler, and a representative for Herb Krohn.
RSVP: Kerry McHugh at Kerry@wecprotects.org or 206.631.2605.
We will be live tweeting the hearing – follow along at @wecprotects, #portdebate, #portofseattle.